To open the hood on your Lexus, follow these steps:
- Locate the hood release lever. The hood release lever is usually located on the driver’s side of the vehicle, near the footwell. It may be a black or silver lever, or it may be a button.
- Pull the hood release lever. This will release the hood latch.
- Stand in front of the car and look down at the hood. You should see a safety latch located in the center of the hood.
- Lift up on the safety latch. This will release the hood from the rest of the car.
- Push up on the hood. The hood will open.
Here are some additional tips for opening the hood on your Lexus:
- If the hood is difficult to open, try using a little force.
- Do not force the hood open if it is stuck. This could damage the hood or the hood latch.
- If you are having trouble opening the hood, try restarting your Lexus.
- If you have a newer Lexus model with a touchscreen infotainment system, you can open the hood by following these steps:
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Tap on “Vehicle”.
- Tap on “Hood”.
- Tap on “Open”.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when opening the hood:
- Make sure the vehicle is in park and the engine is off.
- Be careful not to hit your head on the hood when you open it.
- If you are working under the hood, be sure to wear safety glasses and gloves.
- Do not leave the hood open unattended.