To open the gas tank on a Lexus, follow these steps:
- Make sure the vehicle is in park and the engine is off.
- Unlock the doors.
- Locate the gas tank filler door on the driver’s side of the vehicle. It is usually located behind the rear wheel well.
- Press firmly on the right-hand side of the gas tank door. It should pop open.
- Insert the gas nozzle and fill the tank.
- When you are finished filling the tank, replace the gas cap and close the gas tank filler door.
Here are some additional tips for opening the gas tank on a Lexus:
- If the gas tank filler door is difficult to open, try using a little force.
- Do not over-tighten the gas cap when you replace it.
- If you spill gasoline, clean it up immediately.
Here are some additional tips for filling up your gas tank:
- Choose a gas station that is well-lit and has security cameras.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Be aware of your surroundings & do not leave your car unattended when it is filling up.
- If you are filling up at night, consider using a flashlight.
- Do not smoke while you are filling up your car.
- Do not fill up your car if the gas tank is already full.
- Be sure to replace the gas cap securely after you have finished filling up your car.