Lexus LS models equipped with the Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) system may offer some degree of customization for the steering feel. However, please note that the exact steps and available options can vary based on the model year and trim level of your Lexus LS. Here’s a general guideline on how you might fine-tune the Variable Gear Ratio Steering:
- Start Your Vehicle: Ensure that your vehicle is turned on and running.
- Access the Vehicle Settings Menu: Use the infotainment system or the controls on the dashboard to navigate to the vehicle settings menu. This menu might be labeled “Vehicle Settings,” “Settings,” “Driver Assistance,” or something similar.
- Navigate to Steering Settings: Look for options related to “Steering,” “Steering Assistance,” “Driving Dynamics,” or something similar. These settings are where you’ll likely find customization options for the Variable Gear Ratio Steering.
- Adjust Steering Feel: Within the steering settings menu, you might find options to adjust the steering feel, responsiveness, or assistance level. These options could include settings such as “Comfort,” “Normal,” “Sport,” or a similar range of options.
- Choose Customization Options: Depending on your vehicle’s features, you might be able to select a preset mode that matches your preferred steering feel. Alternatively, you might have the option to individually adjust parameters related to steering assistance, response, and effort.
- Save Changes: Once you’ve made the desired adjustments to the steering settings, save your changes within the menu.
- Test and Evaluate: After making the changes, take your vehicle for a test drive to feel how the steering responds to your adjustments. Adjustments in settings might result in changes to the steering effort and response.
- Exit the Menu: Once you’re satisfied with the adjustments, exit the steering settings menu.
Keep in mind that the availability of customization options for the Variable Gear Ratio Steering can vary between different model years and trim levels of the Lexus LS. Always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for specific instructions and information regarding customizing the steering feel. If you’re unsure about how to fine-tune the Variable Gear Ratio Steering in your specific vehicle, contacting your local Lexus dealership for assistance is recommended.
Here are a few videos that can help with Variable Gear Ratio Steering:
- Variable Gear Ratio Steering – Video
- 2008 Lexus LS Variable Gear-Ratio Steering (VGRS) – Video
- How To Find if your Toyota or Lexus Has VGRS Steering – Video